Your Search returned 23 results for point
Not the results you were looking for? Suggest this term be built
on our contact us page
2 Lines Intersection
Enter any 2 line equations, and the calculator will determine the following:
* Are the lines parallel?
* Are the lines perpendicular
* Do the lines intersect at some point, and if so, which point?
* Is the system of equations dependent, independent, or inconsistent
3 Point Equation
Forms a quadratic from 3 points that are entered.
Calculates distance between two 3-dimensional points
(x1, y1, z1) and (x2, y2, z2) as well as the parametric equations and symmetric equations
Takes a bearing and lists the steps needed to get from Point A to Point B using that bearing.
Given a fixed cost, variable cost, and revenue function or value, this calculates the break-even point
Solves for any of the 3 items in the Chord of a Circle equation, Chord Length (c), Radius (r), and center to chord midpoint (t).
Collinear Points that form Unique Lines
Solves the word problem, how many lines can be formed from (n) points no 3 of which are collinear.
Given an ellipse equation, this calculates the x and y intercept, the foci points, and the length of the major and minor axes as well as the eccentricity.
Equation of a Plane
Given three 3-dimensional points, this calculates the equation of a plane that contains those points.
Given a polynomial expression, this calculator evaluates the following items:
1) Functions ƒ(x). Your expression will also be evaluated at a point, i.e., ƒ(1)
2) 1st Derivative ƒ'(x) The derivative of your expression will also be evaluated at a point, i.e., ƒ'(1)
3) 2nd Derivative ƒ''(x) The second derivative of your expression will be also evaluated at a point, i.e., ƒ''(1)
4) Integrals ∫ƒ(x) The integral of your expression will also be evaluated on an interval, i.e., [0,1]
5) Using Simpsons Rule, the calculator will estimate the value of ≈ ∫ƒ(x) over an interval, i.e., [0,1]
Grade Point Average (GPA)
Calculates Grade Point Average (GPA) based on letter grades entered.
Given a hyperbola equation, this calculates:
* Equation of the asymptotes
* Foci (focus) points
* Eccentricity ε
* Latus Rectum
* semi-latus rectum
Line Equation-Slope-Distance-Midpoint-Y intercept
Enter 2 points, and this calculates the following:
* Slope of the line (rise over run) and the line equation y = mx + b that joins the 2 points
* Midpoint of the two points
* Distance between the 2 points
* 2 remaining angles of the rignt triangle formed by the 2 points
* y intercept of the line equation
* Point-Slope Form
* Parametric Equations and Symmetric Equations
Or, if you are given a point on a line and the slope of the line including that point, this calculates the equation of that line and the y intercept of that line equation, and point-slope form.
Also allows for the entry of m and b to form the line equation
Counts from a point going left and right on a number line
Number Line Midpoint
Calculates a midpoint between 2 points on a number line or finds the second endpoint if one endpoint and midpoint are given.
Plane and Parametric Equations in R3
Given a vector A and a point (x,y,z), this will calculate the following items:
1) Plane Equation passing through (x,y,z) perpendicular to A
2) Parametric Equations of the Line L passing through the point (x,y,z) parallel to A
Point and a Line
Enter any line equation and a 2 dimensional point. The calculator will figure out if the point you entered lies on the line equation you entered. If the point does not lie on the line, the distance between the point and line will be calculated.
Point Estimate and Margin of Error
Given an upper bound and a lower bound and a sample size, this calculate the point estimate, margin of error.
Polar and Cartesian Coordinates
This calculator handles the following conversions:
* Ordered Pair Evaluation and symmetric points
* Polar coordinates of (r,θ°) to Cartesian coordinates of (x,y)
* Cartesian coordinates of (x,y) to Polar coordinates of (r,θ°)
* Quadrant (I,II,III,IV) for the point entered.
* Equivalent Coordinates of a polar coordinate
* Rotate point 90°, 180°, or 270°
* reflect point over the x-axis
* reflect point over the y-axis
* reflect point over the origin
Given 4 points entered, this determines the area using Brahmaguptas Formula and perimeter of the quadrilateral formed by the points as well as checking to see if the quadrilateral (quadrangle) is a parallelogram.
Given a starting point (x1,y1), this will determine your relative coordinates after moving up, down, left, and right.
This is a summary of formulas, pointers, and decision trees for statistics.
Triangle Coordinate Items
Enter 3 points for the vertices of a triangle, and this will calculate the area of that triangle and the centroid.
The distance between X and 8 is less than 14
Six less than twice a number is at least -1 and at most 1
Jack scored a mean of 15 points per game in his first 3 basketball games. In his 4th grade, he score
Caleb earns points on his credit card that he can use towards future purchases.
On an algebra test, the highest grade was 42 points higher than the lowest grade. The sum of the two
Find Requested Value
A test has twenty questions worth 100 points . The test consist of true/false questions worth 3 poin
A typical adult has an average IQ score of 105 with a standard deviation of 20. If 20 randomly selec
An analysis of the final test scores for Managerial Decision Making Tools reveals the scores follow
Suppose that the manager of the Commerce Bank at Glassboro determines that 40% of all depositors hav
Which of the following descriptions of confidence interval is correct? (Select all that apply) a. I
A man stands at point p, 45 metres from the base of a building that is 20 metres high. Find the angl
A woman walked for 5 hours, first along a level road, then up a hill, and then she turned around and
if the point (.53,y) is on the unit circle in quadrant 1, what is the value of y?
A jet plane traveling at 550 mph over takes a propeller plane traveling at 150 mph that had a 3 hour
The Lakers recently scored 81 points. Their points came from 2 and 3 point baskets. If they made 39
Jinas final exam has true/false questions, worth 3 points each, and multiple choice questions, worth
The points 6,4 and 9,r lie on a line with slope 3. Find the missing coordinate r.
The points -5, -24 and 5,r lie on a line with slope 4. Find the missing coordinate r. Slope = (y2 -
b more points than 75
Juan runs out of gas in a city. He walks 30yards west and then 16 yards south looking for a gas stat
What number is half between 1.24 and 1.8?
A segment has an endpoint at (2, 1). The midpoint is at (5, 1). What are the coordinates of the othe
A scuba diver swam 96ft under the sea and then went back up 34ft. What is the depth of the diver at
can someone help me with how to work out this word problem?
In Super Bowl XXXV, the total number of points scored was 41. The winning team outscored the losing
A helicopter rose vertically 300 m and then flew west 400 m how far was the helicopter from itís sta